Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Good Friday

For this years Good Friday service at church the youth were put in charge of the service. We only had a couple months notice but the leadership team came up with some ideas and then we worked the details out with the kids and I think it tuned out great.

I wrote skit about 4 high school kids during study hall. 2 were believers and 2 were not. In the skit the believers get to share their faith by telling the story Good Friday. Once they finish with Jesus being buried they ask "that's it! He just dies!? Doesn't he come back to life like he said he would?" (the school bell rings) and the believers invite them to come to church on Sunday to find out what happens 3 days later.

After that we did communion and showed a video compilation of the Jesus movies to the "Revelation Song" by Kari Jobe (very powerful) and ended with people being able to dip their fingers in red paint and mark on a cross the youth had built as they left the service.

-BW

"How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that left Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom"




No comments:

Post a Comment